PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 00:03
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyfan
Depends on the base - STN/DUB got more 4 sectors than TFS etc (of course). Also my (central european) base has a lot more 2 sector days than 4 sectors...
And last month I flew ~70h, with a duty time of ~120h.
But to be honest this is not standard in an average FR base. My base hits regulary over 100 h block/month AND they still call you to fly on your off days.

Mainland base as well and we nearly JUST do 4 sector days. And it is not 1 hour sectors, daily BVA flights for us giving us already on that around 2:10 - 2:30 block each side. Plus 2 shorter sectors before.

Bigger bases have a bit less flying BUT then the very often pull you out of base which is something that I really hate.

To end up with only 2 sectors you need to be a.) lucky b.) there was no other possibility to give you sector 3 and 4(e.g. all sectors operated by other crews on other airframes which brings us back to a.) ) or c.) you are at a base that does a lot of medium haul sectors(e.g. going down to Teneriffe or Tel Aviv).

Duty period - do the math by yourself. Block hours normally at LEAST around 8. Turn around 25 mins(sometimes, like FCO 30 mins). Do the 100h Block deal a couple of months in a row(which is quiet normal in smaller bases short of pilots) and you are worn out. Money is ok(of course) considering the hours we do. Compared to any other proper airline which is doing MUCH less flying the money earned is suddenly not so much anymore. FR is aiming to put you as close to 900 h as they can.