PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2019, 14:35
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
Quick note for Expressflight...I admire your debating posts but perhaps trying too hard now.To suggest an Airbus/Boeing even at "idle" is of no magnitude reflects no credit on the poster.
Have you actually listened to the video that has played around the world.
What LTNman suggested was that "They could do what Luton did for the engine run up bay. Just install a blast fence with a noise deflecting mound behind it."
My intention was to suggest that nothing that drastic was required for a taxiway. Perhaps I should have said then, rather than just in a later post, that a noise attenuation wall could be suggested "as the noise levels being mitigated are hardly of the same magnitude (as run up bay levels)" - as I'm sure you would agree is the reality. I'm sorry if it came across as belittling the noise level of a taxiing aircraft - that was not my intention.

All I would say about the volume of the video is that if you play back an audio track at a level higher than that at which it was recorded, it will sound louder than was experienced in reality. Who knows if the recorded level was even known by the media.

Last edited by Expressflight; 26th Apr 2019 at 14:52.