PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "TO-B" Setting on 744 FMC Thrust Limit Page
Old 17th Feb 2001, 02:12
QAVION

Smile

Thanks for the responses, chaps...

Re:
"my tome of FMS info says that it is perf code dependent."

and...

"It is possible that your airline didn't "buy" the thrust bump option, therefore although you see the selection on the FMS, the actual data isnt there!"

I did notice that the Perf Code was the ubiquitous "1111". Seems odd that it should be the same as those without the Bump feature. If they bought it, then they only bought half of it :-)

"It is effective, if the appropriate code is operative, until the first power reduction. LSK1 (The Perf code) displays the binary state of Perf Option Code program pins. Program pins are displayed in left to right order of MP15F, MP15E, MP15D and MP15K. Program pin status is only updated after a long term power interrupt while on the ground.".........What did Horace say, Winnie?"

LOL... I don't know what they're saying either... If the "1111" is only changeable through pin programming (i.e. by modifying the aircraft wiring), then I don't see the status changing at all through pilot use.

"I'm guessing this is because it wouldnt make sense for you to enter a temperature, the "bump" is designed to give you extra power which should be at actual temperature!"

I was thinking you could enter a lower temperature.... instead of the usual higher temperature for derates. I didn't get around to trying this though.

"Take your question to the forum www.aerowinx.com I am sure someone there can answer your question."

Thanks, but I already did... with no success. Even "PS1" doesn't model this feature (ref page 158 of the Aerowinx manual)

Anyway, thanks for trying, chaps.
Cheers.
Q.