PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2019, 04:50
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
As regards the alleged noise on Charlie - honestly, I couldn't care less. I use SEN cause it's convenient and in the main it just works fairly well. Passengers tend not to get emotionally attached to these things. It's all about airfare competitiveness and speed of transitioning through the airport and push back from stand on time.
What do you mean alleged, do you think aircraft are silent? Like most people if something doesn't affect them then why should they care so this story will have zero impact on passenger numbers as they will all have the same attitude as mik3bravo.

stewyb wrote
as for ltnmans picture. What is that protecting. Is there a nursery school behind the bank.. or maybe a badger and newt sanctuary
It is supposed to reduce noise for residents the closest who live a good half a mile way and not a garden length way. The reason the story has hit the press is that a photo paints a thousand words and to the casual observer Stobarts attitude stinks. So they talk to residents every 3 months and say what? As I have stated I would think those noise levels would be illegal for workers if they did not wear ear defenders, certainly for a little less noise ear defenders would have to be offered.

Oh and actually there are badgers and newts within 300m of the runup bay but that is another story.