PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 25th Apr 2019, 19:51
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tdracer

Indeed, this is the process.
FAA and EASA certifying in parallel and close cooperation.
That trust has now been broken, if not practically , most certainly on a PR level towards PAX.
I see the usefulness of a " Group" but my main concern is that I would rather not ever see such a preliminary report as with Lion and Ethiopian.
I am extremely concerned of Boeing having taken the MAX a step to fare.

I do appreciate You correcting me , and I hope the MAX will be flying soon.
BUT there better not be any even astronomically remote booby-traps in that old airframe when it takes to the air again, as it is MY fat ass and a 340hr FO that is the testpilots for the next event!!
So
Lets hope Boeing has a plan B if the Group says NO!
I dont much care, I love the 737-800, She can bark and she bites if You are not careful.
But if it is going to be on the same Type with only 2 hrs on a iPad it better be the same!!
I have done enough stalls and spin in smaller planes to respect that corner of the envelope on a transport jet.
I hope FAA and EASA also realize that this system will come back to haunt them, if not done properly.

Lastly I would like to say that flight testing is not a democratic Parliament exercise, so that is why I look upon this latest " Group" as rather a strange thing.
I will try to keep an open mind, but I would be much more happy with a redesign of the tail so that the aircraft was 100% stable inside the flight envelope. Like the 737-800

Sincerely
Cpt B