PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2019, 15:58
youngretired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackrabbitslim7
Hi,

Similar profile here, i'm 30, finishing my PPL in France and expect to go in Poland or maybe another contry next year for CPL IR ME if I finish ATPL in time. I'm not of much help for you since I haven't started ATPL, but from what I've understood, if you want to be efficient, you should read the material to understand but not waste too much time on it and hit the question bank as quickly as you can since you'll normally have the same questions at the exam. Also hitting the question bank can show you where you need to study a bit more. Just my 2cts, as I have not started yet ATPL Theory but I'll soon.
One question, if you are going to Poland, is it Bartolini ?
Do you know if they are booked for 2020 or if there is still a slot avaliable before 2021 (I need to finish my PPL before I can reserve a slot, but I fear it's already too late for 2020) ?
If you already have your PPL, start ATPL ground school as soon as you can because you have to spend certain period on distance education system (hours) plus certain ground school time (5 months for Hungarian GSs for example).
Also, there are more than 50 ATOs in Poland.
Bartolini is -almost- most famous of them. There are many cheaper schools out there. Make list, plan a trip and visit couple of them. ATOs in Poland are evolving -fastly- different states right now as I've seen some. You may find yourself in a very good ATO but also has very bad reputation online and vice versa.