PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHY IS BA DUMPING THEIR 747s?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2003, 15:40
skibeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown about forty sectors with BA in Club class on B744's over the past two years. I always request the upper deck. I believe the area to be more personal (am I right in thinking a better passenger-FA ratio ?). I can't say I have noticed it to be any louder than the maindeck, and anyway, the little brown bag has some yellow things in it called "ear-plugs", wow, what a darn concept that is...

Sure, I have concerns about the helter-skelter ride down to the tarmac, especially having twisted an ankle once in training from a B767, (clumsy clot eh, but no worry with BA as I would have a few Bellini's in me at this point to deter the pain). Maybe the skipper could bash off the nosewheel in his emergency landing/abort ? At which pont, I reckon my ride will be only marginally further than those from the back door. I also want to be close to the flight deck door, if some git wants in to the Flight Deck, I want to be close by.

Overall I believe it to be the best Club/Business product on the market, (compared to LH, Swiss and Air Canada anyway). I just hope the arrogance of Ayling Bob's days stays firmly in the annals of history.