PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream vs Global
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2019, 15:30
Welle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global - Gulfstream
I am lucky to have some experience on both platforms now.... - 6 years on Global Classic and Vision and now on the G650 since this year.
Well -- to complain about one of the manufacturers is like moaning on a high level, but there are some differences though:

I have accompanied the delivery of several globals out of the Montreal delivery centre and the delivery of our G650 now from Long Beach and SAV. Besides the shiny delivery centre, the BBD delivery team seems to put much more effort in producing happy customers. Adressed faults during delivery (if any) are handled very professional.
I had very different experiences now in LGB--- here the customer seems to be some disturbing factor..-- we adressed a couple of problems, but most of them were just sort of tested and no fault found --- well we still have some of those after EIS...

Flying the machine itself: The Global Vison avionics are well advanced to the Plane View of Gulfstream (sorry to say Gulfstream guys...) - itīs much more simple and efficient to operate a Vision than the GVI... (besides that Honeywell has not yet fixed some problems since ages... (wind upload vanishing, lost approaches on flyby) - but just offeres walkarounds..
Both planes have likely the same enginges -- just compare starting the Glex to starting the 650...
For the 650 it seems, like there is a switch from each previous Gulfstream in memorial.....-- they did it, like they always did it before....

Space in the flightdeck is a big minus for the 650...-- the cockpit is just much more narrow than on the Glex

The Wing and FlyByWire of the 650 are really great - i enjoy handflying and landing this platform -- itīa big pro-point for the gulfstream!

Cabin: The huge windows of the 650 speak for themselves...--- but both Cabin Managment Systems produce errrors and problems...
Loading the Gulfstream is not that easy like on the Glex...-- higher and smaller door..

I will fly my boss on whatever plane pays the bill - but at the moment the Global is still my favourite.
just my two cents
welle