PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highest time airframe ever
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2019, 10:14
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Huck
I flew 605 into SYD a few days before that. as I recall, about 90,000 total time on the maintenance log. I'm guessing it was the fifth freighter made, as 601 was the first (and I believe the first MD11 delivered).
Hi Huck. May i say it is a pleasure to hear from a guy who flies these beauties to NZ on the FDX 75 schedule. My wife and I do 'occasional' on line shopping and whenever I get the opportunity, I use Fedex because the service is just so great. I mean, I can order a part in Auckland and it wouldn't get to me before the part I ordered from east coast US, flown by Fedex! And your tracking system and delivery updates are just spot on. I know I sound like like a walking advertisement but i don't apologize. You guys and gals do a great job! I'm impressed! It's nice to be able to tell that to someone from Fedex.

Anyway back on topic! Thanks for the information about 605. Perhaps you may know somebody who knows somebody who could provide a verified record holder in this thread?

I suggested 47 year old 10-10 N365FE but other's suggest she's being almost semi retired and while still flying, is only doing short sector domestic work.