PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 17:28
jackrabbitslim7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImFlyingHigh
Hi All,

It's my first post on here so apologies if this topic has been covered before. I'll be extremely grateful for any feedback received!

So, I'm starting my ATPL distance learning in a month's time and I'm wondering what tips both past or present students found helped them. Annoyingly, my recent research has found so many conflicting responses from others to a point that I'm very confused as to what the best method is. Now I know everyone is different in terms of what way they retain information, but one of the biggest decisions I have to make is whether or not I focus on the questions banks more so than the books. In my opinion, time is against me so I do not want to start on the wrong foot, nor waste valuable time. I'm at the moment I'm 32, 33 in December, a current PPL holder with NR, 60hrs in the book, the plan is to complete the ATPL's by this time next year or the latest May 2020 just before I travel to Poland in June 2020 for my MEP/MEIR/CPL.

I'm completely aware that the ATPL's are on another level from what I've been through, I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone that has a single positive thing to say about the syllabus, structure or volume, in my head I'm mentality prepared for meltdown and prepped to have no life for the duration of the time I'm studying, so I really want to make sure I start out doing it right...it's there is such a thing! If possible, can any of you give me advice on what you found helped you during your study or even better, changes you made that worked better from when you sat your first exams, I'd love to hear your study structure, do's & don't's, tips, changes you made?

Thanks a million!!
Hi,

Similar profile here, i'm 30, finishing my PPL in France and expect to go in Poland or maybe another contry next year for CPL IR ME if I finish ATPL in time. I'm not of much help for you since I haven't started ATPL, but from what I've understood, if you want to be efficient, you should read the material to understand but not waste too much time on it and hit the question bank as quickly as you can since you'll normally have the same questions at the exam. Also hitting the question bank can show you where you need to study a bit more. Just my 2cts, as I have not started yet ATPL Theory but I'll soon.
One question, if you are going to Poland, is it Bartolini ?
Do you know if they are booked for 2020 or if there is still a slot avaliable before 2021 (I need to finish my PPL before I can reserve a slot, but I fear it's already too late for 2020) ?