PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 16:12
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
The question really is why nobody saw this coming and put mitigation in place before it's national news - arrogance or plain old p*ss poor planning?
I don't really see why anyone should have seen this coming.

Taxiway Charlie is where it always was and serves exactly the same purpose as previously. What did happen was that at some point after EZY established a base at SEN Taxiway Charlie suffered stability problems such that the A319s couldn't use it, but all other traffic continued to do so as far as I know. I wish I could find a date for this but cannot unfortunately. From my researches between June and August 2017 Charlie was rebuilt and reconfigured with a smoother curve and by mid November 2017 it was back in full service following installation of centreline lighting. So for the past 18 months it has been used by all air traffic, which in 2018 included 4 x A319/320 and 3 x E195 based aircraft. From April 2019 this has changed to 4 x A319/320 and 3 x B738 as far as based jet aircraft are concerned; so not very much different with just 3 x B738 being substituted for the 3 x E195 no longer SEN-based. Has this made such a difference to the noise nuisance in question? If so, why has it? These are the facts of the matter and I don't quite see why it should have been obvious to SEN management that this storm was about to break. Suggestions please.

I am somewhat surprised why a SEN spokesman hasn't said something on these lines though as it would, to some extent, nullify the wilder accusations/assumptions being made in the Press.

Last edited by Expressflight; 24th Apr 2019 at 16:22.