PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2003 cadets will be employed by Air North as First Officers on Brasilias
Old 29th Oct 2003, 12:31
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheep Guts said:

"What you missed out on learning before flying a larger Jet or Turboprop , you certainly wont learn once you are flying one. Thats for sure. No amount of training can replace experience."

And can I say that he has absolutely nailed it. I wish I had come up with that one.

The fact of the matter is that GA sorts out those that really really really want it. Cause if you've got any weakness in motivation toward a flying career you WILL fail in GA. It is just simply too hard to hack and too easy to give away. This is a classic example -Chap works for 5 yrs to get a job on a Bras only to get it pinched by someone with 200 hrs. What to do? Give up? Cry? Nah carry on - another day, another hurdle and the GA hard yarders never ever give up no matter how tough, gloomy and impossible it all seems.

Good luck to those who can miss all the blood sweat and tears of GA to get straight on a jet - I wish you well. All I can say is that IF I ever get a gig flying for the white rat or VB the feeling I will have and the value I will give to that position will be unmatched. The memories of GA and the determination required will always be there.

As for training - ah done that one to. Got a loan that you'd cringe at and did what the Ansetts and QF's wanted and I suppose still want. I can tell you that I knew sweet fark all about anything with my 200 hrs of academy training. Thats just me..oh and all the other course members....mmm...?

The command time has been great for my confidence, airmanship and general flying skills.

Good luck to all. Mr. Hat.