PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spain, Ultralight, PPL, and Aircraft Registration
Old 24th Apr 2019, 07:38
Speedbird86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Fizzwizz.

I had some experience with the ultralight world in Spain so I'll try to answer what i can.
  1. I do believe you'll need a current PPL to do the conversion. I did it and they asked for my PPL licence in order to apply to EASA after the 3 conversion flight hours.
  2. Theres a considerable used ULM market on-line. For example here: milanuncios.com/ultraligeros Bear in mind it must be a certified ULM in order to do instruction in it. If i'm not mistaken you CAN buy an ultralight somwhere else in EU, as long as the airplane is ULM certified in spain already. I do believe you'll have to talk to the official representative of the brand in Spain for that, but i may be mistaken.
  3. You'll need 150 hours of TT in the kind of ULM you want to do instruction in, i think. So if you want to fly 3 axis and you have paramotor experience, won't work that way, i think.
Overall, i would recommend you to go to a ULM school nearby you to ask about the conversion and the ULM import, at least.

Regards and good luck.