PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electric Powered Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 22:52
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie
As said above, it looks like just a dream, without really thinking about it - where does that nosewheel go on retraction; a crosswind will have the props hitting the ground as you kick straight and lower a wing; the tail prop is a worry on rotation for takeoff; asymmetric flight will be a serious problem; and why have 2 sets of airstairs when they could save weight with just one?

There also doesn't look like much room under any floor to place the batteries? They can't be in the tailcone - too far back - and no room in the nose, with the nosewheel strut and wheel, pilot's feet and his big watch.
Way back when I was in college, I took a course on aircraft design - a really interesting class (and the instructor quite literally had written the book). In the course, you had to design an aircraft from scratch - obviously not all the gory details, but basic aircraft design, with estimated weight, performance, and costs - and your grade was entirely based on a presentation of the aircraft in front of the class along with a documenting report. You could either do an individual project, or you could team with another student. Anyway, a couple of people in the class decided to base their design on some glossy handouts of a 'revolutionary' new aircraft design that some company was busy raising funds 'so they could bring it to market'. Within a month they'd determined the concept was completely unworkable and would never even be able to fly (forget the promised fantastic performance), and they were forced to throw it out and start over from scratch (I'll always remember - when they did their presentation, they started out with a picture from the gloss handout - 'this was the concept' - then they put of a drawing of a streamlined brick - 'this was the reality' - then they went on to present a workable aircraft design). As expected, the aircraft proposed in the glossy handout was simply a scam to get money from gullible investors and soon disappeared without a trace.

'Alice' appears to be the same thing - something to bilk money out of gullible investors with no chance of actually working.