PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 17:07
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planespeaking

We can always rely on SSB to glom onto any bad stories about other airports. Perhaps you should have done more research to find out the full back story to this woman's family...the fact that someone in her family worked on the airport and was made redundant. That they have made 500 complaints to the airport in 2 months. They have a grudge. The fact that SEN has been a fully licensed commercial airport since 1935, and she moved into that property 7 years ago says it all.
Get a grip and take responsibility for your own decisions.
I don't like traffic noise, so why would I buy a house next to the M25 and then complain?
Can we have links to both the original story and also PlaneSpeaking's research? Whilst I appreciate this is a rumour network and rumours are not always verifiable there does seems to be underlying sources for both sides of this story.

I have heard (no pun intended) anecdotal evidence that the Ryanair flights are noisier both on take-off and landing than the easyJet operations. Maybe it is the introduction of FR ops that has caused residents to increase their complaints. Also bear in mind that residents had until March 2019 to apply for compensation due to noise pollution. Did the FR ops only start in April for a reason?