PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 16:02
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ExpressFlight - there might be possibility I may use SEN one or two times very shortly and potentially over the next bank holiday weekend too.

I am happy to capture more info, date/time stamped pics so you can see for yourself the queues beginning at the top of the escalator.

What will be helpful will be for SEN to install two lanes starting at the top of the escalator, one marked as Fast Track Security, the other marked as Regular Track Security.

At the moment pax don't see the signs for Fast Track until you arrive up at the boarding bass readers before entering the security scanning area.

Also, give pax the option to purchase fast track security tickets from 2 or 3 ticket vending machines in the terminal - revenue generation!

Also, allow pax to purchase a fast track security pass online at any time so people can use their mobile devices to buy online and walk straight up to Fast Track there and then.

Finally, at seriously peaked times, all scanner lanes should be open and staffed fully.

I did notice a lot of dumb pax rocking up to the scanners as if their first time in an airport, stuffing liquids, gels, pastes in carry on luggage, questioning need to remove baggy jumpers, boots, and the like.

There needs to be staff manning the queue to shout out belts off, jackets, off, hats off, laptops out, liquids, gels, pastes in see through sealed bag, blah, blah, blah. People do not listen and then freak when delays occur because some idiots rock up with their heads up their arse.

Also, you need staff removing empty bins on rollers, I saw three lanes completely clogged up with bins whilst secondary screening staff tried to work through the flagged items for a secondary check. Again, no matter how many times you ask people, very few have an ounce of smarts to physically place their empty in the stacker.

Its these really simple adjustments all add up to a well lubricated throughput. I know it's not easy, but I'm sorry, most people seem to become difficult to manage when they enter an airport security check.