PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VUELING 2018
Thread: VUELING 2018
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 10:14
ventor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for all your feedback. Indeed the remuneration is a shame for this profession and for the financial cost of getting there (cadet scheme +130K).
I recently had my interview (4th phase of selection process) and I had a negative experience with the company. I've had quite few interviews so far (in different industries as well) and I can say the experience with this company was a negative one and did not respect any of the basic rules of a professional interview . I've got there 30 min before my scheduled time and I was waiting in the waiting area. In about 5 min time, someone came and ask for my name and invited me into another room. The person did not great me, just asked to follow him., which I felt it was weird. I've got into a small room, with 3 people staying on the other side of the table.
I had my coat on me, I was looking around where to put it, but there was no place, so I was seated with my coat on me, that felt awkward.
(In all the interviews I've had before, you are greeted with: My name is ... and I am ...responsible of...Do you need something to drink? Do you want to leave your coat here, etc, some ^human^ and introduction questions).
And now the real unprofessionalism starts.
There was no introduction on their side (so basically. I don't know who interviewed me). That is rule nr 1, they must introduce themselves before interview starts....anyhow it did not happen..
Then they ask me.. are you the french guy?.. (I was bit confused to say the least.. they had my CV and my application and copy of my passport.. they suppose to know who are they interviewing..(apparently they didn't (for record, I'm not french). I was just case nr XXXX...
There was no dress code on their side, (tshirt and jeans) it did not felt professional. Also the people who interviewed me seams college graduates (two of the were very young and one was older).
They asked me few basic questions and they insist on me on speaking Spanish. I do speak broken Spanish and I understand all of it. Just to say that Spanish is not mandatory in application process, however don't waste your time applying if you don't speak Spanish. Seams the language is still a major factor. I will not go in the details of the questions, but it felt rude and unprofessional from start to end.
When we finished, I tried to asses what just happen, I could not believe that, 'that was the level of the interview'.
Right after this experience finished, I start to question myself if this is a company that I would like to work for.
If they treat you like that at the interview how will they treat you when you work for them and you have +130k debts and getting less than 2k a month?

This is my personal experience, I do not know if anyone experienced the same or it was just me.
I just want to emphases again that I compare this interview with many others I've had before and based on that I can say it was very unprofessional.
In few weeks time I have another interview with another airline, I will post about that as well. Hopefully, it will be a better experience.