PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson on the Beeb BA Bashing
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2003, 08:47
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yawn yawn Fillosan!

I'm anti-Branson, as are a growing proportion of the British public, but I quite like Virgin and have flown on them several times.

Might I remind you that not so long ago BA was the most profitable airline in the entire world? There certainly were gash decisions taken under the reckless stewardship of Ayling, but that does not mean the decision on Concorde was crass. Regrettable, yes. Unavoidable no. When nobody wants to fly your aircraft, you have to call a halt. Our subsonic First cabins are almost empty. Concorde was flying with less than 20% load factors before the announcement. Our top corporate customers wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, even for free. You call that a succesful economic case and I'll call you a basket case! None of the figures add up, and thats before you even mention the real reason it's going which is that Airbus won't support it.

Sadly you and your ilk find a forum in PPRuNe in which you can spout garbage without the normal requirement of substantiation or fact. Your emotions do not represent a sound business case for preserving the flagship of our fleet, nor do they hold much sway over the politic machinations of Airbus. The era is over Fillosan, it fell victim to the politics which gave it life, now deal with it and stop carping.