PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams failure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 14:59
GoutGnafier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superflanker
I mean full flaps when you are sure you are going to reach the field where you decided to dich. If you are trying to reach a distant field/runway of course you should keep the aircraft clean in order to increase your gliding distance.

Configuration - Gear. Gear up is the optimum configuration for ditching.
Configuration - Flap. Most manufacturers recommend the maximum deployment of available slats/flaps is desirable to minimise approach speed. However, judgement is required in this respect since an intermediate flap setting is likely to improve forward visibility and reduce the amount of rotation required to flare in return for some increase in airspeed. Without some or all engines functioning, there may be limited hydraulic power.

Cheers!
This is exactly the source I found after my exam. Unfortunately, I didn’t have this in my course or any question referring to it in my QB. I am not saying at all that you are wrong, just the question may be confusing. As ATPL Instructors told me, the flap setting may be at the captain’s discretion. Also, as it figured in Ops, I was looking for regulation or something like that, and it’s only on manufacturer recommendations. I know I am picky and sorry for that, but at this point, it’s only small details.