PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 11:39
Mar100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, everyone!

I'm 47 years old and a long time dreamer of aviation. Unfortunately financial costs have kept me away from a career in this business all my life. I'm now at a point in life where I think I either do something about flying now or just forget about it for ever.

Financial costs are still a problem for me. However, I should be able to pay for a PPL right now. My question is if it is realistic to think that at this age I might still get some form of pay in aviation in the future. I know a PPL doesn't allow getting paid for flying. I'm asking about any possible qualifications after the PPL and realistic possibilities of getting jobs after any further investment after the PPL. I would be happy teaching, flying banners, towing or any other jobs as long as it meant flying :-) I don't have the ambition of working in an airline anymore.

I live in the EU so I'm looking for opinions of people who know the european reality. I've already researched extensively all possible further certifications and costs and that's why I'm asking about market job reality for someone starting at this age.

Thank you all for taking your time with my query.