PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No-frills kangaroo ready to hop
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2003, 07:11
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hmmm

Gidday Going Boeing,

It seems that AIPA are doing their job according to your evidence. However, my remarks are based upon a combination of discussions with friends and former work colleagues who now fly B737/767, and what I read on Qrewroom. I realise people who post on BBS's often are having an "internet whine", but it seems not everyone is convinced AIPA is going far enough to protect (in particular) the incumbents against companies such as JitConnict, etc. I'm not having a go, just expressing my observations over the last couple of years.
Perhaps it is this last issue which caused you to be bitter about AIPA. Their actions to preserve jobs for their members caused you to miss out on flying a shiny new A320. If NJS, Impulse, Eastern, Sunstate pilots were able to be members of AIPA you would see the full resources of AIPA working for them also.
Not quite true, GB. I'm under no misapprehensions what career path I have in my current employ, after several years of repeated disappointments . We were never in the running for 'French Chainsaws'.

Regionals being represented by AIPA? You'd be surprised how often thar topic is raised in the crew room...

Have a good day