PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK A380 or A320 command really confused
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2019, 19:34
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airbuspilot944

The point now I am considering is that EK is asking for min age of 30 yrs and 7000 total hours and 3000 hours command on 50 tonnes and above for their accelerated command. For me to be there is another 5 years from now to meet EK requirements for accelerated command if at all they hire that time. And joinig EK also my command will come minimum after 5-6 years.
If I want 380 why not join after 5-6 years after having my command hours with me which anyway gonna be gold.
Considering QR with that I will have sufficient hours for them as well for DEC.

Just remember that nothing is certain at EK:
-Even if they told you that you will join on the A380 fleet, they can still change their mind and put you on the B777 with a horrible roster and uncomfortable cockpit seat.
-Joining after a few years, when having the 3000h PIC for an accelerated command, doesn't mean that you will get an accelerated command. I know someone who waited more than 5 years for his "accelerated" command. No failed sim checks, just EK's ridiculous upgrade requirements when changing fleet. Expect another 3 years waiting time if they change your aircraft type.
-Once you are in the left seat, they can still put you back in the right seat when you have to change fleet. Happend to some A330 Captains going to the A380.
-An upgrade at EK might never happen if you fail a sim check. If you join EK now and you want to leave without any PIC hours, you will have to join a company as FO again and you probably have to wait a few years more for an upgrade. If you do your upgrade at your current company and join EK after a few years, you can always leave when you don't like it and join a company as Captain, with your previous PIC time.

So, get the upgrade first if its close by.