PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2019, 23:48
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look, I was there. I heard at least 4 final calls onnthose flights and then calls out for pax names. The queues were the longest and stalling without movement for the longest eriods I've witnessed yet at SEN.. A lot of security trays backing up the scanner rollers, a lot of trays quarantined for further checks. It looked like SEN was not able to handle the influx of passenger volumes. it was definitely at least 45 minutes because I I know what time I stepped of the top of the escalator to see the crowds assembled, and I checked the time it took the bunch of fellas on what looked like a stag party to come through security clearance. Be sceptical all you want, I was there, I'm certain on my times and the number of repeated final boarding calls before resorting to calling out pax names. At end of the day, it's a holiday weekend, and SEN did stipulate min 2 hour turn up before your flight. Clearly a lot of people didn't bother to take that advice. Very few people came through fast track, majority queued at a stand still whilst security x-ray rollers were jammed up with a lot of baggage secondary checks, it was very hectic.