PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams failure
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2019, 08:11
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoutGnafier
Hi everybody,

I would like to share my story, it may helping some of you, also, it's helping me to release negative feelings.

I did pass 13 exams in 5 sittings (84.5% average), where I have failed Operational procedures at the 5th sitting at 71%. I let a gap of 6 weeks between my 5th and last sitting to work on this particular subject where I have reached an average mark of 94% on 795 questions from my school's QB.

So I used my 6th sitting to attempt it again, and unfortunately, I have failed again with a lower mark than the first attempt 68%, incredible.

You all know what it means... I have tried everything to make an appeal about questions (5 exactly) which the wording was for me uncertain and confusing (as same for my school's instructor), and for what I have no reason to doubt during my revisions (these 5 questions were about ditching and icing).

They have rejected my appeal, and I am desperately trying to get an oral hearing as it's allowed by the CAA's regulation. I have also reported my misunderstanding to the EASA level, if I can get something from them, who knows?..

I would like to know of some of you guys passed through the same experience and what were you deciding then, for me, I am ready to drop it at 90% if I don't have a positive outcome from the appeal, even if I already have my CPL IR/ME from a non EASA country (where I definitely cannot work). It so much **** since, I am dejected and angry, because I don't see what should I do more (and I am not just an QB hitter, for some guys who may potentially think that they are smarter than anyone else).

Have a good day everybody,
Cheers,

Matt
Can you please explain exactly how many sittings you originally planned to do the 14 exams. How many exams have you had to resit and how many times