PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of the Industry
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2019, 06:25
Krautwald

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Twist & Shout
If I taxied the Helicopter into a hangar, I’d likely be sacked and find myself unemployable.

If I managed to get the CEO’s position, and nose dived the company into bankruptcy, I’d likely get a bonus, then move on to bigger and better things.

It’s completely loopy.
And, during the years before that golden parachute saves you from full responsibility, you will justify getting paid a multitude of the regular salaries BECAUSE you hold all that responsibility.

If future history books will be any good, they will identify our time as an era of systematic accountability diffusion in favor of a large global „soft skill“ class of fraudulent character, whose members enjoy de facto imputiny.

The further away your job is from this sphere, the less diffusion you will enjoy and instead be fully accountable. While I lived in Germany some years ago, there was a famous case of a working-poor shop assistant who took a return receipt for recycling bottles that a customer had forgotten at her cashier. It was worth 50 cents. She was fired for it and I think two courts confirmed the dismissal. Since that happened around the time of the financial crisis, her case became a proverbial in Germany for our understanding of accountability.