PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams failure
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 16:42
GoutGnafier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL exams failure

Hi everybody,

I would like to share my story, it may helping some of you, also, it's helping me to release negative feelings.

I did pass 13 exams in 5 sittings (84.5% average), where I have failed Operational procedures at the 5th sitting at 71%. I let a gap of 6 weeks between my 5th and last sitting to work on this particular subject where I have reached an average mark of 94% on 795 questions from my school's QB.

So I used my 6th sitting to attempt it again, and unfortunately, I have failed again with a lower mark than the first attempt 68%, incredible.

You all know what it means... I have tried everything to make an appeal about questions (5 exactly) which the wording was for me uncertain and confusing (as same for my school's instructor), and for what I have no reason to doubt during my revisions (these 5 questions were about ditching and icing).

They have rejected my appeal, and I am desperately trying to get an oral hearing as it's allowed by the CAA's regulation. I have also reported my misunderstanding to the EASA level, if I can get something from them, who knows?..

I would like to know of some of you guys passed through the same experience and what were you deciding then, for me, I am ready to drop it at 90% if I don't have a positive outcome from the appeal, even if I already have my CPL IR/ME from a non EASA country (where I definitely cannot work). It so much **** since, I am dejected and angry, because I don't see what should I do more (and I am not just an QB hitter, for some guys who may potentially think that they are smarter than anyone else).

Have a good day everybody,
Cheers,

Matt