PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 07:47
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by owenc
So what? BFS and other major UK airports allow you to purchase a fasttrack pass and they have business passengers?

Don’t defend the indefensible.
As has already been pointed out multiple times, you are not likely to need fast track at City. They also don’t NEED to sell it, nor would it make business sense to do something that might degrade the experience for those who pay a premium! If you want it, buy a premium fare with BA, Aer Lingus or Flybe or achieve a loyalty status with Aer Lingus or BA that entitles you use fast track.

If there is any sense at City, they will leave as is. I traded my easyJet Plus and ‘Priority’ security at Aldergrove (moving to City unless no other option) when they started selling to the masses and it made journey times through at peak times very inconsistent. That will hopefully improve with the new security setup.

Your point about business travellers at Aldergrove is somewhat moot. How many of those business travellers at Aldergrove are paying anywhere near the fare they would at Belfast City? I’d bet not very many and that’s the important part. When you pay peanuts to get on a flight, you accept that the service will come with inevitable pain at some point. When you pay through the nose for a service, you expect it to be much better and will rightly complain if it isn’t. Belfast’s two airports have very differing markets in the most part!