PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 03:23
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
LO

I have no idea of your background but you appear pretty knowledgeable about the subject.

My previous suggestion, since it appears your initial paragraph was directed at me, was not directed at people with knowledge and understanding. It was directed at an individual who said that the SU35 is better than an F35 because it can do the cobra manoeuvre and could therefore ‘dodge’ missiles because of it. Thereby indicating a fundamental lack of appreciation of the role and capabilities of the F35 and indeed of all matters related to fighter combat.

Even with your most empathetic head on, surely you can see that comments like that add nothing to the debate.

There is lots of information on the F35 in the public domain. Those that wish to ridicule it are perfectly at liberty to do their own research.

Just because somebody calls me out on a public forum and asks what makes the F35 so special it doesn’t suddenly make it my responsibility to educate them.

If people want to believe that F35 is a lame duck then fine. But at least have the decency to do some actual research first, before posting uninformed drivel on a, supposedly, ‘professional’ site.

I’m sure the SU35 wins against the F35 on the latest PlayStation game but that doesn’t make it real. And it doesn’t constitute a basis for real world opinion.

An uncharacteristically grumpy post from me but c’est la vie, comrade.

BV