PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2019, 21:14
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter
I do hope they clean up and get the product back to its former glory when I started.

I'm going to be huge pessimist and say that that is not going to happen. It has taken them years to release this pile of *ahem*... code...
Still have the very strong suspicion that the original creators have long gone or taken a backseat and the place is being run by the Asian department, who in my experience have been at best unhelpful in terms of support* and seem to be better at marketing than actual software development.

I am keeping the old mccPilotlog and sprung for Logten to trial that at the same time. In the meanwhile ignoring any software updates to mccPilotlog as well... don't update what isn't broken (yet) .

*(I basically handed them the exact problem and possible solution on a platter, to the point where anyone who has seen a few lines of codes would have figured out where the problem might lie and how to fix it in a single email reply, instead it took them a string of 10 emails to come up with no solution at all)