PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAI into Clutha crash opens
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2019, 10:32
Art of flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switches

So in this case, where a relight seems to have been attempted, two possibilities exist. either the pilot did not understand his system, indications etc OR the system//indications were misleading him to believe that the first engine flame out was not due to fuel starvation. Bearing in mind approx. 80kgs of fuel were remaining in the "system" albeit in the wrong place.[/QUOTE]

just my twopeneth, I flew the various UK Police 135s and though I was pleased to see the evolution from T1 Cpds, through to P2+/I I thought the method of changing the illumination of the CDS etc left much to be desired, reaching across the cockpit in the dark trying to put a vibrating finger on the Dim/Brt keys and keeping said digit in contact for just the right amount of time to achieve the exactly desired result was an exercise in try and try again. During a long night flight into very dark countryside I'd be regularly adjusting the Dim to the point the screen could be very dim towards the end of the flight as night vision became better. Why on earth did the designers think a rotary knob was too old fashioned! It's apparently good enough for PFD and ND?
A few times returning towards base and doing a last minute job over the nearby town I realised the screen was then too dim to see anything because of the brighter town lighting outside changing my night vision, and then having to faff with the Brt key.