PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 11:35
NCD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I said I would stay out of it....BUT.

Chop, you say that "The MD is having a red hot go'.... Well yes, he does TALK THE TALK, but no walking yet.....I suggest that if any PX pilot thinks he is a friend, they should remember that he has come from QF, learnt his management skills from QF, and dont forget that QF locked it pilots out of the workplace (and made them resort to wearing red ties .)

Your point regarding Cadets, you might just very well be a newcomer to PX, BUT ACTUALLY AM had nought to do with the conditions of the Cadets.

HISTORY.....In order to cut costs (to survive?, or make bonuses? or whatever) the then Management of PX and the GMFO came up with the idea that the Cadets who had made Command would be designated as DH8 Cadet Captains, with the big gotcha being that they would be paid a Cadet Captain salary, a big discount to the "REAL DH8 CAPTAINS"

This led to several EXTREMELY (and I mean extremely talented) Cadets leaving for other fields.....so the then Management changed the package to once again follow what the previous system was, and enjoyed by many of the current 767 Captains. SO Mr CHOP, the current conditions for the Cadets had nothing to do with the now MD, it was all done and dusted well before he got there....but keep blowing smoke....

To your point that DCT entry are better off than ever, in 2015 I suffer a 19% deficit in salary, that has continued to more than 24% deficit in 2019. Supported by the fact that the two Unions spent over 600,000 Kina, and ANG prob spend a Mil plus (2 Mill +???) on its International Law Firm, and Australian Queens Council to defend itself suggests that your assertion that everybody is better of is maybe slanted a little towards your management thoughts.

But I do ponder that perhaps you might not be simply a stirrer as suggested, just perhaps someone supportive of the Pilot cause in that you have continued to keep this as a top 5 post....and are dragging out the real facts that relate to PX. If so, keep on doing so, as you are doing an excellent job.

Debate is good...but truth and facts are better, are they not??

If it is the later I salute you, if it is the former well I think you may be somewhat deluded.

(PS Chop: send me your email address and Ill send you the pay scales, conditions and also contract for 2012 and you can compare them to the 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19 nil progression pay scales, and then you can try and argue how much better we are not off ).

Loud Handle...sorry that I may have come across bitter and twisted...I can assure you that I am not at all, simply putting the facts and the truth out there...but thanks for your concerns, it is appreciated.

Last edited by NCD; 12th Apr 2019 at 11:52.