PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 11:33
The Sleeping Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you don’t mind a second intervention by a simple PAX in your deliberations in this thread, but as one who puts some of their somewhat limited resources into paying some of those of you up fronts wages each month, (if ANZ Bank has enough foreign currency to transfer payment to your homeland – presently I’m three months behind), I do have another observation to make.

I just received a package from ANG for my ANG Destinations Executive Club card. All gold and pretty and my name surprisingly spelled correctly.

In the bag was a magazine entitled Paradise Annual 2018! A chunky brochure extolling the delights of PNG and full of the ads you see in the Paradise Magazine you see on board any Pixie flight. OK this is PNG and they are not quite ready for the 2019 edition by mid April.

I took to reading the magazine as yet again the Internet was down and the think was the nearest thing to read in the gloom. There was a wonderful message from the Chairman of ANG.

“Air Niugini now flies regularly to and from most of the major centres in the Asia-Pacific region, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bali, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Nadi, Honiara, Pohnpei, and Chuuk”.

Wonderful.

I hope that someone tells him for the 2019 edition that ANG only fly daily to two of the destinations, and no longer fly to three of them. Oh yes he brags about passenger and freight services to Shanghai. I’ve noticed that the posters advertising those flights have recently been taken down at the Waterfront Mall.

The more interesting thing and maybe appropriate lines come later.

“…we will soon be preparing in earnest for the arrival of two new Boeing 737-MAX aircraft in 2020, with two more to follow in 2021”.

Try as I might, I’ve not read of any concerns about the purchase or not of these four aircraft since the sad episodes in Indonesia and Ethiopia. Are any of you up front scheduled for training on these aircraft. Any of you any idea about the purchase?

By the way, yes there have been a few issues with my ANG flights but those of you up front, and the boys and girls of the airline taking care of us in the back do a great and professional service - even if some of you are around the age of 65.!!!