PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this the end for Jet Airways of India
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 08:27
Avionyx
Vacuum Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrasz
Far superior... ? I have had the misfortune to use both regularly on domestic and regional routes, I did not notice much difference, but perhaps AI was marginally better on punctuality and airport facilities (on board they were pretty much the same).
I'd have to agree. After College I spent 4 months with my Father who happened to be working in India at the time. Meetings and things were generally booked into a block of a few days to allow for Jet airlines (the best of the bad bunch) to get you there in some sort of calculable time frame. I remember once spending an extra 24 hours somewhere as the aircraft simply didn't turn up. It took the staff 6 hours to find out it had gone Tech elsewhere and nobody had bothered to tell them.
On almost every flight we'd have to boot deadheading pilots out of the Business Class seats we'd booked which normally caused an argument. Always felt guilty as they usually looked knackered and were only trying to find somewhere to grab an hours kip

Granted this was about 15 years ago so things may have improved since then but the cleanliness, staff attitudes and punctuality were really quite poor from my recollection of them in the early 2,000's.

For all those affected though I hope a positive resolution can be found.