PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 07:31
Skiesthedream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kandan
Is not just a job it’s a lifestyle you have to be passionate about whatever your in pursuit of, otherwise it just becomes a job. Yes there is aspects of the job that are different from land jobs. But if your person that likes being on stage and communicating as a team then it’s an exciting role in itself. The perks are being able to deliver a high standard and executing emergency situations if they arise which is 89% of the job. Customer service should be heartfelt. I found that if your genuine and compassionate to pax they treat you with the up most respect, in saying that you can’t win everyone over but knowing you did a good job and tried is satisfying enough. Travelling to different locations and destinations is exciting but shouldn’t be the main focus of the industry.
Exactally - there is lots more to this role then jetsetting - and only those who truely love the role itself last. I can say hand on heart I love going to work and my role each and every day. Those who just saw it as a job didn’t last. It’s hard on your body shift work, and you can miss out on lots of occasions due to being in the air and away.. to me this isn’t a job, it’s my life.