PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Head resigns
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 01:17
knobbycobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t think this is correct.
The 787 doesn’t fly to either HND or JNB for one. So no issues yet bar LHR that now only has one 787 and an one A380.
Numerous documents provided to the ASX clearly show the 787 as a 747 replacement and one for one.
At a recent dial in Andrew David said that at best they might order another two 787s.
Yes two. But Qantas are being sued by Perth airport as they won’t pay their bill. So no single PER to One European destination and no extra US destination as the ACCC hasn’t agreed to the QF/AA enhanced codeshare.
Pilots desperately want to believe expansion but the long entrenched reality is that its shrunk to the size it is. Qantas might see a minor increase at best. Joyce and co happy to limit fleet renewal and spend the money on share buybacks and increasing the share price short term and thus their bonuses tied to the share price. If I could make close to 90 million in bonuses/pay/options over the last 10 years I’d probably do the same.
The 747s will slowly be replaced one for one by the 787s. That’s why BNE-LAX-JFK now a 787 not a 747. etc etc.
AD did say that premium yields were off the charts and loads across all LH types very good as capacity was restricted.
Good news is Qantas can’t get smaller. And as global pilot pay rises and Qantas piss of their current ones with **** rostering and insulting EAs, unexpected retirements remain on the increase.
doubt that AW left because she was championing Qantas. Meet the Kumars Might even stay as International head.
Gareth will be the front runner for next CEO and he’s now in Jetstar before he’ll replace Joyce whenever it is he decides he’ll go.
I don’t think it will be soon.