PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOW Airlines
Thread: WOW Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2019, 17:49
booze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents on what/who/how might have driven WOW Air to the ground after a little get together and discussion last week with the "boys" (now ex-colleagues, all foreigners):

- incompetent management due to the fact that promotions were solely based on nepotism
- some of flt.deck and cabin crew actively participating in sinking the ship by excessive amount of sick calls/not reporting for flts./trainings during weekends, public holidays, football worldcup, festivals, etc. and flying only for several "bought off days" when need arised - all tolerated by above mentioned management by no one being fired/made example of, etc.
- unnecessary transportation and accommodation costs during layovers due to mostly city center hotels + private shuttle companies, just because Icelandair has the same...
- of course the usual other (fuel, leasing, outstanding fees, scheduling, pricing) financial factors of we all know (or not) about.

I cannot comment on training as always had external (UK) examiners but some of the FO-s really had a "chip on their shoulder", mostly for two reasons, i gathered:

- being icelandic and well connected with the above mentioned management
- just graduated from Lufthansa flight school thinking that they are the best of the best

Oh, and the worst, most unprofessional cabin crew i have ever came across my entire career both as a commander and as passenger.

Anyhow, had a blast, met some awesome and really good people. It was a great experience, all in all.

As always no offense was intended and good luck to all.

booze