PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2019, 10:23
NCD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOUD HANDLE,

As the originator of this thread I can say that It was never intended to be a "slagfest": against ANG, but simply a thread that is informative of changes.

PX WAS quite simply a great job, we worked hard, had great training, had great crews on both sides of the flight deck and in the back, GREAT Engineering, supportive management, and the interaction between all departments (Tech, Flight, Engineering, Ground and Management) made a difficult job somewhat easier.

I personally love operating in PNG, love the people and take great pride in getting them safely to where they want to go, and when we can't get them there, take them back to POM and when those pax thank you for your effort is just great.

However a fact is a fact....ANG management has made it such an ordeal that it is simply just a job, and a ****ty one at that

But the most sobering thing that many of us had to deal with is the fact that we were taking bets on when we would lose an airframe. So when the B737 crashed short of the runway in Chuck, not only causing the first PX fatality, but giving several passengers critical injuries we were all surprised as none of us suspected that the B737 Fleet would be the Fleet to do so.

So no, it is not like a EK bashing thread, it is about the pride we HAD in the airline that many of us have been involved in for so many years and the fact that we care the track that Air Niugini was/is being taken by it owners.

BUT as OLD DUDE says, time to move on...my last post on the subject...fill your boots in support of the Management....Ill just keep on checking my bank statement,...and counting the days till I hit the magic 65 years of age.