PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying school for PPL around London (~2-hour driving radius)
Old 11th Apr 2019, 09:06
Tttttt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OpenCirrus619
Within 2 hours of London give you are very wide choice.

I think the Pilot Centre at Denham is hard to beat

If you wanted to take a slightly different (cheaper) route then you could investigate learning on a TMG and then converting to SEP.
The folks at Oxfordshire Sport Flying could help with that route - Enstone in just within 2 hours of London:
Or for a different type of flying (which will stand you in good stead for anything you want to go onto) try:
OC619
Thank you for your info! I will check those flying schools out. I prefer to do a PPL rather than TMG then convert it. It’s very informative. Nice to know there’s other route to get PPL.
Originally Posted by Wombat124
I have tried Stapleford - found it a bit too commercially oriented (not sure if you plan just PPL or CPL+)
Also used EFG, but did most of my flying at Surrey & Kent at Biggin (now taken over by EFG)
Been flying at North Weald Flying School since July last year and I've found them really helpful and professional.

The airfield is massive with a 5000ft runway and good facilities.

Would recommend them to anyone looking to learn.
Thanks for your info!
I just want to do PPL for now.

EFG - I read a bit more and noted a piece of news dated mar 2018 on bbc that biggin hill airport would not renew the lease if it’s on site flight schools. May I ask when you flew there? How’s experience in biggin hill?

I have been to north weald many times it’s nice to watch heli taking off. Have you completed your PPL with north weald? How many hours did you take?

thank you!