PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2019, 08:59
Petropavlovsk

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The age 65 is being misunderstood by most.
ICAO ruled NO crew member can be age over 65 on an International flight which is deemed a commercial operation therefore RPT, Charter and so forth.. This applies to Captain, First Officer and any other supplementary flight crew. Read the ruling! If your Country is a signatory to ICAO then the country is committed to enforcing the recommendation/ruling/law. That is why you become a signatory.
This does NOT apply to Domestic operations in any country. In Australia the age discrimination Act prevent a pilot being terminated due to age. Pass your medical and flight checks, keep flying, good luck to you, for Domestic RPT and Charter Ops. Again private flights not affected..
The are no age dispensations issued by CASA to my knowledge, if you know otherwise please let me know, I'm an affected party!
For CASA PNG and Australia to file for an exemption, they would have to lodge the exemption with ICAO in the Hague; current wait time is approx. 18 months, so I have been told. It is not in the interest of Aviation Authorities to pursue such a course of action; so your are own you own, I imagine it would cost a few million $ with no guaranteed outcome.
Read the CASA PNG and AU regs very carefully please.... it does say "flight crew" not just a Captain. I also think that if the Captain is over 60 years of age the F/O must be under 60 years of age (not sure)
I lost my job to age 65 ..... got hauled over the coals by CASA for ignoring it. 80% of my flying was International