PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2019, 11:40
The Foss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rogue leader
Cpt B - Thank you for the information and MCC recommendation. As I thought it seems it will be impossible to know until I'm a little down the line on basing.

aviationfanatic - Thanks for your input and MCC recommendation. I'm enthusiastic about the job, but my wife is a non-EU citizen and with the current Brexit situation it is unclear if she could accompany me, how long for, and what her rights might look like.

Not bashing RYR's policies, just looking to make an informed decision.

RL
I second aviation fanatics MCC recommendation, I did an MCC/JOC at cockpit4u / sky4u in Berlin for the reason that it was less than a quarter of the price of all the UK 737 MCCs. I only have positive words for them.

I started out at Ryanair and stayed for 4 years, like yourself I have a non EU spouse and did actually get a UK base as my first permanent base (even though I wanted to leave the UK at the time).

As you know, Ryanair won’t give you a uk base for ‘personal reasons’ but if you have it as a preference you may have a reasonable chance, especially somewhere like STN.

If Brexit gets extended today you will still have the right to bring your wife anywhere in EU with you. If not then you could also consider Dublin, I spent two years there and loved it - great city and a great base. Ireland and the UK will still retain the CTA if and when Brexit happens.

If you have any questions feel free to send a PM