PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2019, 17:34
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I wouldn't count on that.
Firstly STN is owned by MAG bo they would've got a good deal from a company they already know and it's them expanding into London a massive market.
May have a good relationship with MAG but still the point is still the same. Jet2 did not fear at taking on Ryanair in STN. Look at S20 for example Jet2 are going head to head with Ryanair on STN-EGC, STN-ZAD, STN-RMU. Almost all the routes operated by Jet2 are operated by Ryanair and yet we've seen success as both carriers continue to grow at STN - working side by side. Like they do at MAN where both carriers are large in their presence.

Secondly there most likely target would be Bristol which has a large Easyjet base
Jet2/Jet2holidays offers a different product to easyJet and we both know this. easyJets route portfolio and schedules are built on a mix of leisure and business targeting both sorts of traffic. Jet2 on the other hand offers a reliable seat only product and differs it's holiday product from offering the standard beach holiday to city breaks in a number of destinations which include Pisa, Rome, Barcelona to name but a few. A Jet2 presence wouldn't push easyJet away but likely to make them more competitive and will help stimulate growth of markets.

to BRS TUI is extremely important to them due to them providing with their only long haul routes. Jet2 risks pushing TUI out and the long haul routes with them.
The same can be said for BHX and TUI with their relationship and look at TUI now. They've grown the long haul routes whilst maintaining a good presence on the short haul - I don't see Jet2 pushing TUI out of BHX and therefore do not see how Jet2 would push TUI out of BRS. The two work in harmonious competition at MAN, NCL, GLA, EDI, EMA and BHX and would probably do the same at BRS. Jet2holidays provides a different holiday product to what TUI offers.

So I doubt very much Jet2 would get the deal they want and the ability to expand like they have at BHX and STN
Neither of us are in the board room discussions of BRS but i can bet you that they are keen on having discussions with Jet2 considering their growth rate at BHX/STN and the presence they have UK wide. You cannot rule that out. Also as a business you don't really want to put most of your eggs into one basket - BRS are heavily reliant on easyJet like LBA is with Jet2. I very much think BRS will be keen on trying to attract another carrier to the airport.

Also FYI, BRS have an expansion plan to build more apron space and stands (looking at it also a new terminal maybe). Once complete a Jet2 BRS base maybe announced.

CWL especially won't want to lose another airline and may not want to jeopardise any relationship with Ryanair.
As said before - Ryanair offer a different product to Jet2/Jet2holidays. Side by Side they would compliment each other and stimulate market growth.