PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAO 20.7.1B First segment
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2019, 10:03
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by john_tullamarine
However, can you provide some specifics re the suggestion regarding P-chart problems ?
Afraid not, any copies of paperwork on the particular issue that I might have had have long since been archived, and I no long have (or really want to have) access, all I can recount is the general outline of what we found.

Re. "the first", I was really referring to certifying a new design in Australia, not first of type/type acceptance of an import.
The particular delegation was issued pursuant to a clause in Part 21 that CASA subsequently deleted when nobody was looking ---- no consultation, nothing that made the situation clear to the Minister of the day etc., nothing in the explanatory memorandum with the "amendments", and it is much harder to pick up a subtraction than an edition.
The particular provision enabled "industry certification" for aircraft up to 750 kg, and was a provision put together by DL and RSJW, and, of course, initially Leroy Keith.

Tootle pip!!

PS: As the OEM POH/AFM were, for all examined, more restrictive than the DCA books, we decided that there was no problem that required more time and effort.