PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2019, 06:00
SEN Observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave
Can't happen. No crossover for the train. Could put one in or build a bay road (3rd platform), but that's not something that can be done overnight. Early trains to London are more than adequate, but there's nothing to hope for other than 1 additional train in the evening. There's an army of workers waiting to access the track every night after the last train, and every train has to be prepared for the next day's service.
Could be done. Not aware of where the nearest crossover is in the London direction but the whole line is signalled for single line working so it would not be too far away or single track working would be nigh on impossible After the last SOV train has run single line working could be employed from SEN to the first crossover. There wouldn't be too may trains to allow for this. As far as engineering possession goes, this may have to be shortened by an hour and a half or so each night; if this happens with this delay that means the last train could be at about 00:30. I have never worked on the railway so perhaps I'm talking rubbish. Just my thoughts on the subject.