PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 19:33
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Much as I hate to say it, I'm with Skipness on this. Assuming everything works, going with Flybe for flights under 1h30 is a more pleasant experience by far compared to Ryanair.

However when I buy a ticket, my absolute number one priority is for the flight to actually go according to plan - i.e. no cancellation, I don't get bumped, flight departs roughly at the time stated when I buy the ticket (i.e. within 1 hour either side), and flight arrives at destination airport within 1 hour of the time advertised at the time of ticket purchase; everything else really is secondary. When Google Flights says "flight often late" based on delay/cancellation statistics it makes me think carefully about maybe choosing either alternate flight for a similiar price or not flying at all

If the flight goes significantly wrong, it messes up my plans and will likely mean my having to spend cash to fix it - eg a hotel room or not being in the office when I said I would be. I am simply not interested in having three rounds of back-and-forth with some clerk who's paid minimum wage and instructed by their boss to be difficult as to whether EU261 does or doesn't apply

The news on places like the BBC has been screaming out that Flybe is perhaps not too reliable right now; plenty of regular pax will have got the same message