PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 17:27
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Wingman1903: As I said its all pure luck what you get, today I had my Operational Procedures Exam. Did like 100 % in all 3 questionbanks (Aviation Exam, Atpl questions and Bristol) and passed exam with only 85 % and like 40 % unknown questions. While everyone else said its like the question banks so its luck what you draw. I got no questions about CAT I, CAT II, CAT III, nothing about RVR, nothing about hydroplaning etc. one question about extinguishers while question banks got a lot, one question about distance between aircraft on approach nothing about takeoff etc. Absolutely no one of the gyro or polar chart questions that took a lot of work to learn to solve. There were many questions about anti-ice and de-ice but different from the ones in question bank, and one question about T9 track I answered it was north-south south-north one and the one with lesser requirements for navigation equipment but obviously it was wrong and the exam did not tell me what was the correct answer. Got also some questions about NAT that were different from question banks and one new but pretty nice one about why and where aircraft can get ice after landing in a warm environment it was a good one I solved nicely but not included in any question bank.

So learn stuff and think questionbank will definitely not save you if you are unlucky on some exam, I passed with 85 % I am not very satisfied but pass is a pass and still the average is a tiny bit above 90 % so the dream lives on about not only first time pass but an average that will look nice to the airlines.

As for instrumentations stuff like single phase AC generator and other confusing questions where you can read in the comments a comment from AviationExam that it have been removed it has probably really been removed. Or maybe I did not see those questions on my exams.

PS. As for learning I feel the real questions are a little bit more like atpl questions than Aviation Exam but not everything. So what I do is: learn from bristol groundschool (we got one with bristol questionbank for 1 year from our school as part of the 0-ATPL + FI) then work with atpl questions question bank and after I get 100 % on exam tests on atpl questions I move over to Aviation Exam exhaustive database and do exams to see if I know enough to manage unknown questions and work there until I get close to 100 %. Then I do some times bristol groundschool exam questions since they are so different and I see if I also get passes all the time there to see if I can manage new and strange questions. Its my way of doing it but I understand not everyone want to buy all the questionbanks and work so much with it. I do cause I want to be sure I can manage it on the exams, we only got one chance to get first time pass and a decent result to show to the airlines. And the airlines will not know what we do really know before the technical interview....so those results may do the difference between who is getting the interview. So I sit and work as much as I can.

On Friday I will see how Air Law will go if I manage it then it will be 8 in 2 sessions. So I hope I will get done in 4 sessions until June (unless in the mean time there will be a Nordica assessment for airline job guarantee program at our school (for PPL(A) (with time build) pilots the rest of the training MEP(L) IR/ME, CPL will be done according to what Nordica want (then I will have to train for that instead ) which will mean I will probably get all my licenses this year. But I do not know when the assessments will take place so currently I just plan to get done as fast and good as possible with the ATPL(A) theory.