PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 16:44
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharklet_321
Issues at SOU with TUI no longer selling Flybe summer 2019 flights to the sun destinations. Whether those flights are still continuing seems to be anyone’s guess although Flybe are still selling them. It looks like a reduced schedule though I can’t really tell. Can’t. Mahon is operated by a Q400 (for the second year running) which for many will be a first and last experience. Compared with the passenger experience of a 737-800 with TUI from BOH there is no contest! TUI need to put Mahon back on sale next year (2020) from BOH. Why did they remove it!!!!

What a mess. But BOH stands to benefit.
I should think that right now TUI are scrabbling around trying to run a summer programme with at least 6 737 MAX plus the 2 others that were due all now not in service, plus 757 retirements that I guess will be scaled back as so to hang on to those 757's for a while longer if possible (but some are already sold for freighter conversions)
Also many outstation like BOH SOU and EXT are seeing 3rd party airlines operate their flights (albastar volotea freebird air europa etc)

The 787's are being utilised on more short haul, and 2 x 737 flights combined into one if at all possible as seen on MAN-BHX-RHO the other day

Gonna be a fun year working in Ops and traffic lol