PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 16:11
Twiglet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
Six Channel- I agree its all a PR exercise to make look like on time performance is better, Customers may like it a bit more as wont have that belief that they have been delayed. It should be a bit better at LCA on Sunday nights this year as you havent got Cobalt which had around 8-10 inbounds and 5 outbounds between 22:00 and 01:30

My worry is all the other Jet2,Easyjet,Thomas Cook flights etc will still be getting the slot restrictions and turnaround delays and the TUi aircraft get delayed still as the ground agents have it in their mind that Tui have these long turnarounds . I think BHX is the worst one where there is a 1hr 40min turnaround at PFO so therefore making the crew days even longer i remember last year there was a few instances where quite small delays meant crew went out of hours
In a previous life the standard line was sorry Captain you cannot advise you won't use discretion for the return flight on report as you might get to XXX and feel fresh as a daisy.
So call us when you arrive in XXX. On arrival in XXX as the passengers came off the front steps, the homeward pax came up the rear steps.
Then if it all went pete tongue wrong and crew went out of hours - rest assured the crews would be put up in the same Hotel as the angry punters.
This EU compensation rule means that airlines are paying a lot more attention to block and turn times.....