PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson on the Beeb BA Bashing
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2003, 14:54
coughing corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Digitalis, if its such a simple thing, why in May when Air France withdrew theirs did the beardy weirdy not try and take theirs, as a complete package? I think that the AF birds had less hours on them than the BA versions, so arguably a better buy!. And BA sub contract their expertise on a product they have unique experience in, now being used to 'rub their noses in it', so how much would they charge for that work..... 'now I don't think we've got enough noughts to put on the quote, can you get a longer bit of paper please?'

The business case would have been just as compelling, more so even, as he could have competed on the same route with the same type. Look! see! Virgin can make it work!

Please please someone give me a sensible answer to this question, lots of people are banging on about how BA not selling theirs to Virgin, have prevented the type from continuing to operate. So why when there were french examples 'available' did Virgin not make a bid for those aircraft? The simple answer to anyone who has worked in provisioning and aircraft support is that this was never a realistic option, and never costed as such by Virgin. It was just a superbly taken PR opportunity!