PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe cancellations
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 10:31
old,not bold

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Even if its operations weren't so badly managed, Flybe's future doesn't look good if it employs people who can supply the response below to a complaint featured in the Times "Travel Doctor".

You need to read the complaint carefully, and then move on the the response to fully appreciate its level of stupidity;

Complaint: I flew from Edinburgh to Birmingham with Flybe. I had measured my semi-rigid case and it complied with Flybe's cabin baggage sizings. It was accepted on the Northbound flight, but not on the return and I had to pay £50. I complained but the company has refused to accept that there is inconsistency in its sizers.

Response; Flybe would not budge. It maintains that the difference in rigidity between the two types of sizer it uses is causing the problem. "We are in the process of implementing a number of additional measure to address customer perceptions and confusion regarding the allowable baggage dimensions as represented by the two types of sizers currently in use" a spokeswoman said.

It's a classic, and a challenge to draft an interpretation. My best effort is; "We have two types of sizer. One is the same as our published dimensions, while the other one is smaller, and earns us £50 every time someone checks in where the smaller sizer is used. We blame the customer for not understanding this, and are working on measures to make the situation clearer, but not to change it."

I don't think Flybe is long for this world.