PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wife wants to move to Singapore, I need a job ;-)
Old 7th Apr 2019, 03:01
streetguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dogsfatass
I'd seriously suggest some thorough research on the cost of living in Singapore, and how the hell you are supposed to manage it on a contract salary. If it is just the two of you and you'd like to live in a small apartment, you may be able to make it work but you won't retire on much. If it is a family of 4 and 2 kids that need school, you will struggle to make ends meet with any reasonable quality of life, and you will retire on nothing. We left for this very fact.
Please seriously consider what dogsfatass has described. His reasonings are valid and accurate.

And if you are seriously want a better life please re-consider what your wife wants ( i.e to be in Singapore).

Coming to Singapore for holidays and living in Singapore is two different things. If u are seriously considering the latter please do the math for the cost livings before coming over.

And finally, whatever you do, joining SCOOT Tigerair will be the LAST thing u want to do, IF u want to look for a "greener" pasture. You will be too tired to do anything if u join this gig, not to mention the below average salary that is offered. To top it all off, working conditions and environment in this gig, is by far one of the worst in the market.

I am confident u will find something better.